We're Here to Help
The office of the Henderson County Attorney takes the rights of victims of crimes very seriously. We understand that the criminal justice system can be difficult and complex for victims. To assist victims, we try to work with victims to inform them about how the system works and what they may expect. On this page, you can find some helpful links and information for victims.
Handbook & Resources
The Kentucky Attorney General’s Office of Victim’s Advocacy has prepared this Victim’s Rights Handbook (PDF) and we encourage you to read it closely. It provides a good overview of role of those involved in the court system and the criminal court process. If you would like to discuss your rights as a victim or how we can help you exercise your rights under the Crime Victim’s Bill of Rights, please contact us.
If you are a victim of domestic violence, we strongly suggest contacting OASIS, which is the Owensboro Area Shelter and Information Services, at 800-882-2873. Also, there are some great resources at the Kentucky Domestic Violence Association’s website, including safety plans, ways around barrier to leaving, myths and warning signs.
Important Phone Numbers
- ADAPT Counseling - 270-454-4558
- Audubon Area Community Action Agency - 270-826-6071
- Children Advocacy Center - 270-830-8400
- The Counseling Center - 270-826-6500
- Department for Social Services - 270-826-6203
- Department of Juvenile Justice - 270-826-6650
- Harbor House - 270-827- 5010
- Health Services - 270-826-0200
- Owensboro Area Shelter and Information Services - 800-882-2873
- Pre-Trial Services - 270-826-2210
- Rape Crisis Center - 800-656-HOPE or 800-656-4673
- Red Cross - 270-826-2775
- Women’s Crisis Center - 270-830-8063