2020 Primary Election Information
Due to the pandemic, our Governor postponed Primary Election Day to June 23, 2020. Knowing that the majority of our poll workers are in the vulnerable, at-risk category for Covid-19 and the required training is not a possibility at this time, he worked with our Secretary of State to create an Executive Order that changes the manner by which this election will be conducted. Using the Executive Order, the State Board of Elections created emergency regulations and procedures to follow.
The postponement, executive order, and regulations were all created so that this election can be safe, secure, and successful. The following is a summary of how we will conduct the 2020 Primary Election in Henderson County:
- A post card will be sent out from the State Board of Elections to all registered voters informing them of the changes and how to get a ballot. (please make sure your voter registration address is correct by going to govoteky.com or calling us to check). The last day to register to vote is May 26, 2020.
- All registered voters should request a ballot be mailed to your address in order to vote. The ballot can be mailed back to my office, postmarked no later than June 23, 2020 (a returned postage paid envelope will be included) or dropped off in our secure ballot drop box, no later than June 23, 6:00 pm. The ballot drop box is located inside the courthouse, outside the County Clerk’s Office, and under video surveillance. You can request a ballot by:
- Online: Govoteky.com or
- Phone: (270)826-3906
- The last day to request a ballot using the online portal is June 15, 2020.
- June 16-22, 2020, a voter may request to pick up a ballot from the County Clerk’s Office by calling 270-826-3906
- One polling location-inside the courthouse, will be open to provide an in-person, appointment option for anyone who can’t vote by mail, beginning June 8-22. Courthouse voting appointments are from 8:30 am-4 pm weekdays and from 9 am-4 on Saturday, June 13, 2020. You may call 270-826-3906 to make an appointment.
- Election Day, in-person voting will be available at one polling location at the Henderson County High School. You may call 270-826-3906 to make an appointment.
- All mailed ballot envelopes will go through a signature match for security before being counted.
Please do your part to help our community stay safe as we vote in this Primary. Request your ballot today. Thank you!
Following the Governor's directive, our office is closed to walk-in traffic. During this time our staff will be leaving on Fridays at 4:30 pm until further notice.
We will continue to process renewals, and assist with transfers, over the phone and online. We also will process and record mailed and dropped off documents, and plan for the adjusted Primary Election. Please call for instructions on Notary certifications, Marriage license, vehicle inspections, and how to obtain an absentee ballot. 270-826-3906
VEHICLE REGISTRATION RENEWALS:
OPTION 1: online renewal at www.drive.ky.gov. You will need a credit card to process payment.
OPTION 2: Mail in renewal to: Henderson County Clerk, PO BOX 374 , Henderson, KY 42419 *You will need to include a current insurance card, along with a $2.00 mailing fee.
OPTION 3: Drop Box: There is a drop box inside the courthouse located outside of our office doors. Envelopes provided. Please write your name and phone number on envelope. Renewals will be processed and mailed out the same day.
OPTION 4: Call our office @ 270-826-3906. You will need a credit/debit card (convenience fee applies)
ACCESSING REAL ESTATE RECORDS ONLINE:
Visit titlesearcher.com to subscribe to our online records. Call or email if you need copies of documents. Copy fee of .50 per page applies, along with a credit card convenience fee.
PAYING & SEARCHING FOR DELINQUENT REAL ESTATE TAXES:
SEARCHING: Delinquent taxes may be searched by clicking on the following link... http://taxmaster.hendersonky.us/tax_ky_web_2005/login.aspx or by visiting www.hendersonky.us (go to your government, county clerk, delinquent taxes, online tax records, taxmaster.net)
PAYMENT: You may also call in to pay delinquent taxes @ 270-826-3906 using a credit card. (convenience fee applies)
You can register to vote or update your current registration by visiting www.govoteky.com.
If you would like information on obtaining an absentee ballot, please call our office at
Welcome to the online office for the Henderson County Clerk. We are dedicated to providing you excellent customer service and information that you need. Our hope is that your visit, whether online or in person, is a great experience. Thank you for visiting!
Staff & Services
The Henderson County Clerks Office has eighteen full-time employees.
Our services include:
- Delinquent taxes
- Marriage licenses
- Legal document recording
- Vehicle registration, transfers, and handicap placards
- Voter registration and elections
HENDERSON COUNTY NEEDS YOU!!! APPLY TO BECOME AN ELECTION WORKER BELOW:
Some things to know:
*You must be a Henderson registered voter.
*It is a paid position.
*It requires working from 5:15 am - 6:30 pm.
*You must attend at least one 2 1/2 hour election training.